Thursday, August 16, 2018

Steve Perry announces brand new album, 'Traces'

(Unpublished)

The cover of Steve Perry's new album, 'Traces'.  (Courtesy Concord Music)
Concord Music announced Aug. 15 that former Journey lead singer Steve Perry will release his first new album in 25 years, Traces, in October. Perry released a music video, “No Erasin',” and a digital single ahead of the album today.

Perry also issued a statement to his fans about his long time away from music. “Years ago, I disappeared. There were many reasons, but mainly … My Love for Music had suddenly left me.

"I knew that simply stopping, was what I had to do. If music was ever to return to my heart, then and only then I would figure out what to do. If not… so be it, for I had already lived the dream of dreams.

“Many years passed. One day, I began sketching some musical ideas with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. One song led to many. My Love for Music had returned.

"Then another beautiful thing happened. I found Love. My precious Kellie gave me a life I never knew I had. I lost her December of 2012. I now deeply understand the meaning of: ’It’s better to have Loved and Lost, Than to have never Loved at All.' “May of 2015, I began recording. These songs are special to me. I respectfully ask that you please listen to them, And whatever they make you feel, I thank you for listening.”

The album, produced by Perry and co-producer Thom Flowers, has nine original tracks in the regular edition and 15 in the deluxe version. One of the tracks is a Beatles cover, "I Need You."

“Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me. I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart,” Perry said about the album.

Perry joined Journey in 1977. His first album with the group, Infinity, included one of his original songs, “Lights,” which became a band staple. He sang on nine of the band's albums. The others were Evolution, Departure, Dream After Dream, Captured, Escape, Frontiers, Raised on Radio and Trial By Fire. He left the band amid a dispute in the band over back issues he was having and the band wanting him to have surgery for it so they could tour to support Trial By Fire. He recently opened his own website, www.steveperry.com.

The CD tracklist: 

TRACK LISTING: 
1. No Erasin’ 
2. We’re Still Here 
3. Most Of All 
4. No More Cryin’ 
5. In The Rain 
6. Sun Shines Gray 
7. You Belong To Me 
8. Easy To Love 
9. I Need You 
10. We Fly 
11. October in New York (Deluxe edition only) 
12. Angel Eyes (Deluxe edition only) 
13. Call On Me (Deluxe edition only) 
14. Could We Be Somethin’ Again (Deluxe edition only) 
15. Blue Jays Fly (Deluxe edition only)

No comments: